Dear Parents, Guardians and Carers
As you will be aware, the Victorian State Government has announced that all Victorian schools will be re-commencing Remote Schooling for all students to increase physical distancing across the population and prevent the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).
This means that all students who can learn from home must learn from home, except where:
- students whose parents, guardians or carers are unable to work from home
- students with additional needs who require learning adjustment
- vulnerable students including:
- children in out-of-home care
- children deemed by Child Protection and/or Family Services to be at risk of harm
- children identified by the school as vulnerable (including via referral from a family violence agency, homelessness or youth justice service or mental health or other health service).
Parents, guardians and carers are advised that the Victorian Government will provide further announcements in relation to the definition of a ‘permitted worker’ in the coming days and therefore, access to on-site Remote Schooling for your child(ren) may be subject to change.
If you need to send your child(ren) to school, please register your intention to send your child(ren) to Lavalla Catholic College on the attached form. This will enable us to ensure that we have sufficient staff on duty to supervise students in attendance.
The School will continue to ensure that the health and safety of students, staff and the wider school community remains the highest priority with physical distancing measures and hand and respiratory hygiene practises remaining in place for all staff and students in attendance. In addition, all students attending on-site Remote Schooling will have their temperature taken each morning.
Parents, guardians and carers are required to supply their child(ren) with an appropriate face covering that covers the nose and mouth. Appropriate face coverings include single use face masks (commonly called surgical masks), cloth face coverings made from three layers of a mix of breathable fabrics or face shields designed to cover the sides of the face and below the chin.
If you have any questions in relation to the on-site Remote Schooling arrangements, please contact Student Services on (03) 5174 7355 or email email@example.com