Successful applicants will have a demonstrated commitment to Catholic education and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe environment. It is a condition of employment that all employees of the college are suitable to work with children and adhere to the Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy.
For all applications, please ensure that you download a copy of the Application Form.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Lavalla Catholic College, please complete a covering letter, the application form together with a copy of your curriculum vitae and your Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration and forward onto firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in undertaking casual relief teaching at Lavalla Catholic College, please complete a covering letter, the application form together with a copy of your curriculum vitae and your Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration and forward onto email@example.com
Child Protection Requirements
It is our policy that all applicants who work at Lavalla Catholic College are informed about the College’s child protection policies and practices before working here. All applicants must read and understand our Child Safety and Protection Policy and Child Safety Code of Conduct. To read these documents, please refer to our Child Protection Policies under ‘Wellbeing’.
It is also our policy that new staff undergoes additional screening to meet Child Safety requirements, including:
- Working with Children Check clearance
- Relevant qualifications and registration
- Personal identity verification and background checks
- Information about child-connected work
These reference checks will address the person’s suitability for working with children.
Current Employment Opportunities
- Previous experience preferred but not required
- Good attention to detail
- Cleaning and sanitising classrooms/offices/toilets and other rooms as required
- Hours of work are negotiable but are usually commence mid-afternoon.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Training will be provided
- Required for term 3 with the possibility of the role becoming ongoing
Casual Canteen Assistant/s
- Assist with preparation of food including lunch orders
- Serve students at lunchtime/recess
- Use of coffee machine at Kildare Campus only
- Clean canteen including equipment
- Previous experience preferred but not essential
- Basic maths skills
- Food Handling Certificate
- Ability to work in an efficient and timely manner
- Required to cover staff absences
- Training will be provided
The successful applicants will have a demonstrated commitment to Catholic education and to the safety and well-being of children. All documents are to be directed to the email firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Debbie Rogers by 4 pm Monday 5th July 2021.