The Bridge is a dedicated Year Nine program that is designed to provide a highly distinguished environment that fosters a deep passion for learning and provides opportunities for students to take on greater levels of independence, responsibility and maturity. This aims to make a break from the style of schooling they have experienced in their junior years and prepare students for the challenges that they will face as they move through senior secondary school and out into further education and the workforce.
English, Maths, Science, Humanities, Physical Education and Religious Education will benefit from a yearlong approach building towards the rigors of Senior School. Students will have selected a Humanities focus area of either Geography (Coastal) or History (Urban).
Students will also experience more choice in electives, with 6-month active learning based electives, including:
- Design and Technology – Food Specialisation
- Design and Technology Non – Resistant Materials
- Design and Technology – Resistant Material
- STEM – (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- Digital Tinkerer
- Health and PE – Exercise & Sports Science
- Health and PE – Sports Enrichment
- Humanities – Economics and Business
- Media Arts
- Theatre Performance
- Visual Arts
- Visual Communication and Design
Further, students will have the flexibility to study Music and Italian for the entire year.