Remote Learning 3.0

Return to Classroom Learning

Dear Parents, Guardians and Carers

The Victorian State Government has announced that Victorian school students located in Regional Victoria will return to classrooms.

This means that on Friday 4 June 2021, all students at Lavalla Catholic College will return to face to face classroom learning and will be expected to attend school as normal. 

I wish to reassure you that the safety and wellbeing of our school community will remain our highest priority with measures implemented for the safety of students and staff.

Both staff and students who are unwell must not attend the school. This includes those showing even mild symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).

People who have any symptoms of COVID-19, however mild, should seek medical advice and get tested immediately. The symptoms to watch out for are:

  • loss or change in sense of smell or taste
  • fever
  • chills or sweats
  • cough
  • sore throat
  • shortness of breath
  • runny nose.

In certain circumstances people may also experience headache, muscle soreness, stuffy nose, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.

I appreciate that Remote Schooling has been a challenging time for all and I thank all our parents, guardians, carers and the wider school community for their hard work and support during this time.

If you require assistance or additional support, please contact the College.