PLEASE NOTE:: Students On-Site intention – changes:
From Monday 23 August 2021, parents, guardians and carers will only be able to request onsite supervision at school for their children in accordance with the criteria listed in Category A or Category B.
- Children where both parents and or carers are considered authorised workers who cannot work from home, work for an authorised provider and where no other supervision arrangements can be made:
- Where there are two parents/carers, both must be authorised workers, working outside the home in order for their children to be eligible for on-site provision.
- For single parents/carers, the authorised worker must be working outside the home in order for their children to be eligible for on-site provision.
A list of authorised providers and authorised workers is available on the Coronavirus Victoria WEBSITE
Principals or members of the School Leadership Team will request a copy of the parent(s), guardian(s) and/or carer(s) Authorised Worker Permit (where applicable).
In rare circumstances, a parent/carer does not need a worker permit. This includes people employed in law enforcement, emergency services or health care workers who carry employer-issued photographic identification. More information is available at Authorised provider and authorised worker permit – HERE
- Children experiencing vulnerability, including:
- in out-of-home care
- deemed vulnerable by a government agency, funded family or family violence service, and assessed as requiring education and care outside the family home
- identified by a school or early childhood service as vulnerable, (including via referral from a government agency, or funded family or family violence service, homeless or youth justice service or mental health or other health service)
- where a parent/carer indicates that a student with a disability is vulnerable because they cannot learn from home, and/or informs the school the student is vulnerable due to family stress, the school must provide on-site supervision for that student.
** An Authorised Worker Permit is not required for accessing on-site supervision under Category B.